1. Combine milk and bread in a large bowl. Let stand until liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes).
2. Whisk cream, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper together. Mix in goat cheese until fully combined. Set aside.
3. Mix herbs in a small bowl to blend.
4. Place half the bread in buttered baking dish. Top with herbs, artichokes, cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
5. Pour egg mixture evenly over the top of the strata.
6. Cover and chill overnight.
7. Bake in 350Âº oven until firm center and edges are brown (about 1 hour).
From Laura Neufeld